Polyethylene Mixing Tanks And Poly Vessels
- Ideal for DI, WFI, RO water
- Pharmaceutical mixing and blend tanks
- Semiconductor storage and chemical blend tank
- Biotech buffer prep and media prep mixing and makeup
- Laboratory mixing and blending
- Hospital use for storage tanks
- Clinical Analysis
Features of our poly mixing tanks
- Totally enclosed designs, proper sanitary seals on mixers and agitators
- Gas tight for nitrogen blanketing, no atmospheric intrusion
- 34″ diameter, fits through standard doors, cGMP castors
- 180º F capability, steam-cleanable, great for hot D.I.
- Capsule design for complete drainage
- Custom sizes and orientations available
- All materials comply with FDA regulations – USP VI resins available as standard
FDA approved linear polyethylene (FDA Reg. 21 CRF 177.1520.3.1), premium grade virgin resin, natural white (translucent) for best visibility of liquid level, UV stabilized.
Our polyethylene mixing tanks and poly process vessels are designed for the purest process waters and sanitary processes. We offer ultra sanitary “low profile” fittings to assure no internal tank protrusions to collect particles. This clean design offers no crevices, and no welds or seams to support microbial growth. Mixers provide uniform blending as desired and CIP spray balls and nozzles can accomodate tank cleaning and sterilizing. One piece rotationally molded construction yields a very rugged and corrosion free container suitable for blending, solution make up, storage, and dispensing applications.
For ultra-pure storage, we offer a Teflon PTFE (post-mold fluorinated – polytetrafluoroethylene) barrier. This fluoropolymerization technique provides an inert surface with no extractables and no ionic contamination – all at a fraction of the cost of traditional fluoroplastic tanks.
POLY TANKS AND MIXING VESSELS
Poly MixTank Package – Top Entry Mixer or Bottom Entry Mag Drive Agitator
Although stainless steel is the standard for agitated tanks and vessels, more users are specifying plastics such as Polyethylene and Polypropylene for their tank and often the mixer impeller assembly. Systems can be built in a few weeks rather than months, they are lightweight and often portable, and can be USP VI rated for biophama and sanitary mixing applications. Excellent corrosion resistance, sanitary in nature, and easy to clean are some more reasons poly process tanks are an efficient way to blend. Another trend is a solid poly shaft/impeller assembly which is much more robust than a spray coating, so you can eliminate chipping and pinholes and equipment downtime. Solid poly mixers are available in Kynar, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, and these can be supplied with USP VI and FDA grades of plastics. Biotechnology and Pharma users are finding the lightweight medical grade mixers are very accommodating to buffer prep, solution hold, and multiple use blend tanks.
PROCESS VESSELS – plastic PE and PP are most common
MIXER AGITATOR – plastic shaft/impeller (PE, PP, PVDF, PTFE, ETFE)
MIXER STAND – this can be plastic, or all stainless steel or painted steel
TANK LINERS – PE or PTFE are the common liners for tanks, drums, and IBC Totes
MIXERS – available in top entry or bottom entry mag drive orientations
Sanitary Polyethylene Process Vessel
Designed for the purest process waters or chemistries, the one-piece capsule shape design provides for complete drainage. A gasketed 6″ screw lid maintains a gas or nitrogen blanket pressure. We use no deadleg fittings or “no profile” fittings to assure no internal tank protrusions to collect particulate, no crevices, no welds or seams to support microbial growth. We provide CIP clean in place spray nozzles and offer riboflavin cleanability testing. FAT factory testing is available, mixer run testing, and portable CIP tank cleaning systems are all services we provide if part of your desired scope.
PTFE Barrier Storage Tank
Fluorinated for ultra-pure storage, this model offers, in addition to the standard features, a PTFE (post-mold fluorinated – polytetrafluoroethylene) barrier. This fluoropolymerization technique provides an inert surface – no extractables, no ionic contamination – all at a fraction of the cost of traditional fluoroplastic tanks.
Polyethylene Process Mixing Vessel Applications
• Buffer Prep, salt dissolving
• Pharmaceutical mixing and blending
• Semiconductor ultrapure mixing
• Media prep
• Laboratory blending and agitation applications
• Hospital mix tanks
• Clinical Analysis
Features and Benefits of Poly Agitated Blend Tanks
• Cost effective and fast delivery times on complex systems available
• Closed tank available – Gas-tight for nitrogen blanketing, no atmospheric intrusion
• Light weight and portable
• 180º F capability, steam-cleanable, hot D.I.
• Capsule design for complete drainage
• Any customization available
• All materials comply with FDA regulations, USP VI readily available
FDA approved linear polyethylene (FDA Reg. 21 CRF 177.1520.3.1), premium grade virgin resin, natural white (translucent) for best visibility of liquid level, UV stabilized. Dimensions provided here carry an overall tolerance of +/- 3% at room temperature. Temperature changes can magnify this tolerance in molded products.